Most insurance companies have a “compliance period” of 90 days from the time you receive your new device. A compliance period is set up by an insurance company to be sure you’re using and benefiting from the equipment they are providing for you. If for some reason you decide to stop using your cpap/bipap equipment regularly during that time, your insurance company may decided to stop paying, or require you to start the process all over again with a new sleep study in order to qualify.
A typical “minimum compliance requirement” is 70% within a consecutive 30-day period in the first 90 days or at least 4 hours per night; 5 days per week (20 hours minimum per week) for 30 days in a row.
Your usage compliance is tracked by software on your cpap device or (for older equipment) using an SD card inside the machine. You will likely have an appointment scheduled with your sleep doctor, pulmonologist or primary care doctor at or around the 30 day mark. Before the appointment your doctor will download your 30 day compliance report which will show helpful data to determine if you are using your equipment properly. If you’re having issues with your equipment that is affecting your compliance your doctor can help make suggestions at that time.
Mayhugh’s Medical has a robust compliance program for CPAP and BiPAP equipment which includes:
- Personal one-on-one setup and education for every new customer.
- In-home setup and education for physically disabled customers and customers that live outside of our normal delivery area.
- 70-day compliance monitoring for all new patients with live US-based one-on-one phone calls from CPAP experts to help you resolve any problems you’re having with machine usage, settings or mask fit issues.
- Automatic registration to the online portal (Resmed AirView or Respironics DreamMapper) and smartphone app for all new setups allowing you to view and track your compliance data in real time.
- 30-Day Mask Fit Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with your current mask for any reason, you can swap it out for any other mask for free during the first 30 days.